Last Updated: November 29, 2022
Welcome to TeachersConnect, provided to you by Public Consulting Group (“PCG”).
TeachersConnect is a bustling online community where aspiring and practicing teachers collaborate to make a deep impact — regardless of experience or location. Peers and mentors guide educators through certification testing, state licensure, the job search, and into classroom success—so they can make an immediate impact. Our goal is to ensure that every teacher radiates confidence, skill, and joy—and maybe earns some extra spending money along the way. When teachers succeed, students thrive.
The following terms and conditions, together with any documents and policies they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, the “Terms”), govern your access to and use of the TeachersConnect community and resources, including the use of any content, functionality, associated mobile applications, software, and related services.
Acceptance of Terms
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing any of the technology or functionality of TeachersConnect’s offerings (collectively, the “Services”). These Terms set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Services. By using the Services in any manner, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, or any portion thereof, please refrain from accessing or using the Services.
Changes and Modifications
PCG reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace the Terms by posting updated terms on the TeachersConnect website. Your continued use of the Services after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. Please review the website periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any or all posted changes, please do not continue to access or use the Services.
Accessing the Services
PCG will do our best to ensure that the Services are operational at all times, except for periodic down times relating to updates and maintenance. We will not be liable if for any reason the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. We will provide a customer support e-mail and will respond within a reasonable time period to all service and help requests. We cannot be held responsible for Internet outages, faulty connections, or other connectivity issues beyond our control.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of your registration, you must treat such information as confidential, and must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Copyrights, Trademarks, and Service Marks
TeachersConnect and its original content, features, and functionality are owned by PCG and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. No right, title, or interest in or to TeachersConnect or any content, functionality, technology, or other intellectual property rights associated with the Services is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by PCG. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold, or distributed without the prior written consent of PCG. If you wish to request a license or permission to use content or materials owned by PCG, please send a request to email@example.com.
Standards of Conduct
You are permitted to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not:
- Violate the TeachersConnect Community Guidelines
- Create more than one personal account.
- Create an account for anyone other than yourself.
- Use TeachersConnect if you are under 18 years of age.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials found on TeachersConnect.
- Use TeachersConnect for any unlawful purpose, or in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, the Family and Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Use TeachersConnect for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- Use TeachersConnect to transmit or procure the sending of any advertising, marketing, research, sales, or promotional material, including any junk mail, chain letter, spam, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, or any other similar solicitation.
- Use TeachersConnect to post, disseminate, or share material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or that intentionally causes annoyance, inconvenience, needless anxiety, embarrassment, or alarm to any other person.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, creed, belief system, political affiliation, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, identity, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Use TeachersConnect in a manner likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Post the same information repeatedly, otherwise known as “spamming.” Spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Use TeachersConnect in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, impair, or otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process or means to access TeachersConnect for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on TeachersConnect.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attack TeachersConnect via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Solicit for any other business, website, or service that is a competitor of PCG.
- Circumvent any technological, security, or safety measure implemented by PCG to restrict the way content may be posted on TeachersConnect or to regulate the way content may be transmitted to other users.
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of TeachersConnect, or which, as determined by us in our sole discretion, may harm PCG or users of TeachersConnect or expose them to liability.
We encourage you to generate content by posting questions and contributions and responding to contrtibutions submitted by others. You should not submit information that you consider to be confidential. All user comments and contributions will be considered non-proprietary non-confidential. PCG disclaims any liability related to any user-generated content, whether such liability arises under the laws of copyright, trademark, libel, privacy, obscenity, or any other law.
PCG reserves the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any user contributions or comments for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any user contribution or comment that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such user contribution or comment violates the Terms, including the Standards of Conduct set forth above and in the TeachersConnect Community Guidelines, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users or the public, or could create liability for PCG.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
- Fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services, without liability for any claims resulting from any action taken as a consequence of investigations by law enforcement authorities.
Notice of Violations
If you believe that content found on any of TeachersConnect’s platforms or Services (including, but not limited to, user-generated content or comments) violates any of the provisions contained above, use the “Report a possible violation” feature to notify the Site Administrator.
External Links and Content
The Services may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only and may include social media links and links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Linking to the Services
You may link to our Services on your own websites and social media sites, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement by PCG without PCG’s express prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. Articles, information, and other materials or content posted on the site are not intended to be and do not constitute legal, financial, or other professional advice under any circumstances. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any visitor to the site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Opinions of Users and Third Parties
All statements and/or opinions made by users and third parties, and all articles and responses to questions and other content on the site, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of PCG.
Our services are intended for those aged 18 and older. If you are under 18, please do not use the Services. We reserve the right to refuse access to any minor.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or a breach thereof, shall be settled by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. The number of arbitrators shall be three. The arbitration shall take place in Boston, Massachusetts, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
All matters relating to the Services or these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
The Services are controlled and offered by PCG from its facilities in the United States of America. If you are accessing or using the Services from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PCG from and against any and all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless PCG from and against any and all claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of any of the Services.
Limitation of Liability
Except to the extent required by applicable law and then only to that extent, in no event will PCG, its employees, contractors, officers, directors, subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, assigns, or agents be liable to you on any legal theory for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that arise in connection with the Services (or the termination thereof for any reason), even if foreseeable or if any form of notice has been provided.
PCG HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Violation of this Agreement
Any user who violates the Terms may be blocked from future access from using the Services. We may terminate your access to the Services without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. If you are blocked from access to the Services, you may not create a new account under a different name. All provisions of the Terms shall by their nature survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Your Comments and Concerns
For questions regarding the Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
 If you would like to access our Services for promotional instead of personal use, please contact Dave Meyers at email@example.com.